GOLF OPERATIONAL RESTRICTIONS
With the precautions and operational restrictions outlined below, golf shall be permitted as a recreational activity. In addition to the general social distancing standards set forth in the Illinois Stay at Home Order, golf courses and golfers need to abide by the following controls.
Golf Clubs and Management restrictions:
• Require online or telephone bookings
• 10 minutes between tee-times:
o Spreading out bookings would ensure people do not congregate at tee boxes.
o Spacing out the tee times would also limit the number of people at the golf course.
• Signage describing operational changes including: no congregating, increased frequency of cleaning, no handshakes, and maintain social distancing between players
• Driving range, chipping green and the putting green are open at 50% capacity
• Golf carts are single-use only unless players are from the same household.
• Elevate the “bottom” of the cup
• Flags cannot be removed from the cup
• Clubhouses, halfway houses, and proshops shall remain closed.
• Remove drinking water jugs
• Elimination of on-course and practice facility touchpoints (i.e. bag drop, benches, ball washers, bunker rakes, rental equipment, and water coolers)
• Hand sanitizer and soap in all restrooms, including those on the course
o Restrooms shall be sanitized regularly
• Restaurant can accomodate outdoor dining only
• Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not play
• In addition, any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should not play
• Insist on social distancing on tees, greens, and throughout the round
• Players shall maintain adequate physical distancing between other twosomes.
• Golfers should pick up their own ball
• Handle your own scorecard
• Leave the flag in place while putting
• Sort out the sand in the bunker with a club
• Put on your golf shoes at your vehicle
• Bring hand sanitizer with you and use during your round and at the end
• No handshakes at the beginning of the round or at the 18th hole